Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nature!

We had a great time at the Notebaert nature museum. Again, such a good time that we didn't take any pictures. Tomorrow we are off to Morris for what I hope is a restful weekend.
Amalia had a poop through and no clean clothes in the bag, and a dirty wet pjs in the bag instead. Note to self: check diaper bag before you go out. We borrowed a onsie from Sam. Hopefully we'll return it before he grows out of it!
We saw butterflies, bugs, frogs, fish, and the cool "in the dark" exhibit. Domingo was obsessed with touching everything, and keeping Charlotte from touching anything. Good sharing!
I can always gauge the success of an outing by the category freak out we have upon leaving. Today, I'd say it was a category 4, pretty close to atomic level fury. Domingo melted down because he wanted to play w/ Charlotte, but most of all he wanted to look at the toys in the gift shop.
Then he calmed down once we were in the car, but when I put him back in the stroller to get up stairs, he freaked. He wanted me to carry him, but Amalia was also asleep in her carseat, so I couldn't carry him, push the stroller and lug the car seat. It's the only time I have wanted the car seat adapter for the stroller, but not the first time I've wanted more than two arms. I couldn't put the stroller back in the car either because Domi was already out of the seat and freaking out.
We got upstairs with no major incidents or loss of limbs or lives, and I got a few precious moments of tandem naps. Ah savor it, because it's over in a flash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home