Saturday, May 19, 2007

Confessions of a Blog Delinquent

I know it's been awhile. But I figure most people who read this blog actually take part in the activities I describe, so we're all right!
A bunch has happened since my last post.
Last weekend was the best first mother's day a lady could ask for. Tia Leticia and I ran another 8k and finished 4 minutes faster than the last one, on a much hillier course. It felt really good, and I think, even though this week I've been sick with Domi's miserable cold and haven't run at all, that I've turned a corner with my running. It feels really good and easy to go out for a 4 mile run three days a week. Instead of feeling like a chore, and dreading it, I really look forward to it again. Then we went to Oak Park for Freya's birthday party, which was great. Then it was BACK to Morris for our Mother's day celebration.
The weekend before last we celebrated Tio Gustavo's and Abuela's birthdays. Domi was such a good baby at the restaurant, he was so mellow and eventually just fell asleep in Abuela's arms. That was his birthday present to her!



This weekend we had some visitors. The twins and tia Leticia came up and we had such a wonderful time.


It was such a beautiful weekend, we had a picnic at the zoo, tried to take a bath together (but Domi was a little overwhelmed) breakfast at our favorite brunch place, back to the zoo, listened to the Cubs beat the Sox, AGAIN!! and we still have a whole day of weekend left!




As much as I love going to Morris to hang out with the Abuelos, there is something really nice and relaxing about staying home. While they are in Paraguay I think we'll really take advantage of being in the city, and really on a day like today, there's just no better place to be!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did domi ride the carousel?
happy birthday to beatriz and gustavo--
and many kisses to scrumptious domi!
xo,
JN

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home