Sunday, March 14, 2010

The triumphant return!

Although the weather was less than ideal upon our return, and it was pretty much ideal when we left Florida, prompting us to say that maybe we'd just stay another week, we in fact are back in town.

I woke up this morning and only after checking facebook with all the complaints about daylight savings did I realize that we sprang forward today. Good thing for the internet or I would've gotten to work really late tomorrow!
Well, we had a fantastic trip to Florida, even though Amalia got a little stomach sick on the plan ride back to Chicago. Hmmm. Maybe I should have been a little more aggressive in trying to stop her when she was licking the glass at the children's science museum.



Domingo had a great time on the plane and then on his first ride on the train. He just stayed glued to the window the entire time.
On this trip we learned a few things, one, there actually is a food Amalia will not eat. She refused fried calamari and said quite plainly, "I don't like it". Domingo on the other hand has never met a sea creature he wouldn't eat. He was guzzling little fried tentacles like nobody's business.
We went swimming everyday, sometimes twice, and my children can never doubt the extent of my devotion to them since I actually got in the water on a day it was 65 degrees, and the water was not much warmer.



But overall, we had a wonderful time, got to spend some great quality time with Grandma, Farfar and baby Lucy aka Owl aka Momo aka "babycrying". And when it was time to leave, no one could fault Amalia for this little meltdown.



I feel the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home