Friday, August 07, 2009

Potty training, now with underpants!

So we've moved on to phase two of potty training, and are using underpants! I started this post a few weeks ago, and never finished. I figure I should update with how it's going. Domi is doing great! He is so proud of his big boy underwear, it eases some of my misgivings about buying the ones with the cartoon cars, or (this is the worst) the dinosaur/Pleistocene movie themed underwear. I have a HUGE problem with the whole premise of that movie, and have made my feelings known to anyone who will listen, so the fact that I actually purchased a promotional type item for my child is kind of absurd. Why is there no other choice in dinosaur underwear? I ask you, why? The only thing that makes me slightly less annoyed is that Domingo knows that mammoths and saber toothed tigers lived millions of years AFTER the last dinosaurs died off. He actually told Esther that!
Well, back to the potty talk. Domingo is really getting the hang of potty training, he is motivated by M&Ms and his fancy pants, and I think, his desire to stay clean and dry. Of course there are accidents, particularly when he is distracted, or really focused on something like an engrossing book, or program or game, but those are becoming fewer and farther between. All in all, I think its working because he is ready, not because of anything that we're doing. So here's to one more milestone under our belts, and a pair of anachronistic undies under our pants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home