Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My new discovery


I have discovered the secret of mothers everywhere. I remember in those early days of having a baby I was marveling at how any parent ever got anything done with an infant. I mean I am barely getting out of my pyjamas by the time Chris gets home from work. How do people do it?

I have figured it out, they PUT THE BABY DOWN!! I know that this is probably so obvious to most people that it doesn't even deserve a second thought, but these people have never met Domingo. He is not a fan of being anywhere but up in arms. It doesn't even matter whose arms they are. However it can get very tiring when the only arms around are mine. This is also a problem when trying to do anything, like eating, cleaning, going to the bathroom etc.etc. And PLEASE do not say, just do all those things while he's taking a nap. There are many things wrong with that statement when made to me, not the least of which is the fact that he is a very light sleeper, so any little thing wakes him up despite the loud white noise maker we use. Oh yeah and he is not so hot on the nap scene anyway, success is a 45 minute stretch without having to get back in there to nurse him back to sleep.

So I have decided to take a cue from Chris and just put him down. I discovered that this is what he does when they have Daddy Domi time, so he can make his coffee and eat his oatmeal. I suppose that Domi will not be permanently scarred by sitting in the swing or in his crib for 10 minutes while I have breakfast. On the other hand my kidneys seriously complain when I forgo peeing for hours on end. I've done this (as you can see from the picture) with some limited success. I just have to be quick like a bunny and things get done!

However, I'm sure I should relish this time when he wants me near him, and pick him up every chance I get, because soon enough he wont want me so close and cuddly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home