Sunday, September 09, 2007

after the cake settles...

Today we had our little birthday party for Domingo, and it was a total success! We had yummy food, great cake, and Domi made out like a bandit. Most importantly, all our family and some friends were here, abuela and abuelo (who made all the food and drinks) tia may, grandma and farfar, tia Leticia and tio Ian and Sofia and Graciela, tia Heather and tio James, and tia Jennifer, tio Max and Freya and Theo, tio Justin and tia Karina and Emma and Mateo. Before we had his party, I thought it'd be a good idea to run a half marathon to celebrate the marathon of child birth a little over a year ago today. So without nearly as much preparation as I should have done, I managed to hobble across the finish line in a little over 2 hours. It was actually a really great experience. I think I will keep this as a tradition, maybe not a half marathon, but running a race each year on the weekend of Domingo's birthday. It was nice to do something for me to commemorate his birthday. And everyone got into the athletic spirit, Chris ran a race on Saturday too! Not to be too healthy, today I had a giant ham and cheese croissant, two giant pieces of cake, a huge beef sandwich, potato salad, shrimp ceviche and like 5 glasses of white wine sangria, AWESOME! Ok, birthday pictures to come, now I'm off to ice my knees and pass out next to the birthday boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home